Pharmaceutical Glass and Plastic Vials
Seeking a ready-to-use solution for your packaging needs? West Ready Pack® vials are available in Daikyo Crystal Zenith® resin or glass to ensure that a wide variety of drug application needs are met.
Daikyo Crystal Zenith® Vials– The Solution for High Value Medications
Manufactured from a break-resistant cyclic olefin polymer, Crystal Zenith vials are an ideal solution to issues associated with glass, and an excellent choice for sensitive biologics and other drug products, including oncology drugs, medications that react with glass, and freeze-dried or protein-based products.
With glass-like transparency, but superior break resistance and low risk of chemical interactions, Crystal Zenith can help avoid issues including delamination, glass breakage, and particulates. Issues that have led to numerous recent recalls, and that could adversely affect the health of patients and create a serious financial burden on the drug manufacturer
Daikyo Crystal Zenith vials:
- Helps keep packaged drugs pure by reducing exposure to extractables and leachables
- Reduces the risk of protein aggregation caused by silicone oil in the drug product
- Helps maintain seal integrity and assure consistent filling line performance
- Helps reduce in-process loss and returns due to breakage
- Have low moisture permeability and extractables
- Are suitable for low temperature storage and steam sterilization
- Significantly reduces issues related to delamination and contamination from glass particulate
Glass Lyophilization Vials
Glass pharmaceutical vials are made to withstand the stress of lyophilization. Tight manufacturing controls achieve a consistently flat base to maximize shelf contact within the lyophilization chamber.
Vial Blowback Feature
Glass vials are engineered with a blowback feature – a circular depression in the crown – to prevent the stopper from dislodging. Many West stoppers have a corresponding locking characteristic that works in tandem with the vial.
Daikyo Crystal Zenith® is a registered trademark of Daikyo Seiko, Ltd.
Daikyo Crystal Zenith® technology is licensed from Daikyo Seiko, Ltd.
West Ready Pack® is a registered trademark of West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc., in the United States and other jurisdictions.