corporate responsibility update
Everything we do at West supports our promise to make a meaningful difference – for our communities, team members, customers and the millions of patients globally who rely on our products every day.
West’s commitment to Environment, Sustainability and Governance (ESG) is reflected in our achievements in 2020. The challenges of this past year required us, more than ever, to remain steadfast in our commitment to providing a safe environment for our team members and continuing in the support of our local communities. Several key highlights are summarized below:
- As part of our sustainability efforts, West established waste, emissions, energy and water intensity goals to be achieved by 2023. We made strong progress against all our goals in 2020, including a noteworthy achievement in waste reduction activities, which saw a greater than 17% improvement over 2019.
- We are happy to report West is now a signatory to the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- While our 2020 report will be aligned to the GRI reporting index, we will be submitting a supplemental report in late 2021 that is aligned to Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and TCFD reporting indexes
- Our five-year sustainability goals align with the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) Sustainable Development Goals
- The following 2020 awards are a testament to West’s commitment to ESG practices:
- Barron’s – Top 25 Performer of 100 Most Sustainable Companies in America
- Investor’s Business Daily – Ranked #4 in Top 50 Best ESG Companies
- Philadelphia Business Journal’s Faces of Philanthropy Award
- Philadelphia Business Journal’s Minority Business Leader Award – Silji Abraham, West’s Chief Technology Officer
- $3.1M in Corporate and Foundation giving, and $1M in donations targeting COVID-19 response efforts
- 70% increase in team member donations
We are excited to offer a more comprehensive look at our 2020 corporate responsibility efforts when we post our full 2020 Corporate Responsibility Report in early June. We encourage you to visit us again at that time.