Working at West in Colombia
Whatever your job at West, you will help us in our mission to create a healthier world by working by the side of our healthcare partners to save lives, eradicate disease and manage wellness. We empower members of our team to make a difference – to enable them to follow a career that will benefit and support them both professionally and personally.
Working At West
At West, we strive to create a working environment where colleagues continually learn and develop. We have outlined sample career paths across various disciplines to provide a better idea of what a career at West will look like for you.
How to Avoid Recruiting Scams
Recently, we have been made aware of a recruitment scam in which people are posing as recruiters from West, asking candidates to go through an interview process, and providing fake job offers. Sadly, this is not an uncommon occurrence—these scammers use many company names in their schemes. For any official West recruitment opportunities, the following steps will take place:
- You’ll be asked to apply through West’s official website: www.westpharma.com
- The person e-mailing you or calling you will have an e-mail address that includes our company’s e-mail domain: FirstName.LastName@westpharma.com
- There will be a formal interview process over the phone, and then in person.
- You will not be asked to provide any personal information like your address, social security number or bank information, until you have been offered an official job from West in writing.
Here are some tips for avoiding scams:
- Are you being asked to pay equipment fees, travel fees, or make a payment of any other kind – even if they claim that you will be reimbursed? West never seeks fees from job applicants under any circumstances.
- Correspondence from free e-mail accounts, like Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail. West does not solicit candidates through a non-West e-mail address.
- Were you contacted in a chat room (e.g., Google Hangouts)? West does not use chat rooms or chat applications for recruiting purposes.
If you have any questions about our hiring process, you can contact us at Talent@westpharma.com or call our Exton office at (610) 594-2900. If someone has contacted you via Google Hangout asking you for money to work at West, we encourage you to report it. Click here to file a formal scam report with Google.
Benefits of West
As an employee, you’ll benefit from an environment of engaged colleagues, thought leadership and opportunities for career advancement and recognition.
“People are the most important asset we have at West. In order to fulfill our mission of being the world leader in integrated containment and delivery of injectable medicines, we must have not only world class innovative products, but also world class people to create and deliver them. We are committed to developing our employees and fostering a culture of continuous learning.” - Annette Favorite, SVP and Chief Human Resources Officer
- Life and health insurance
- Pension plan
- Meal voucher
- Transportation tickets
- Market-competitive salaries
- Several performance-driven incentive plans
At West, learning and development philosophies are at the core of our common global leadership model. This model identifies competences, tools and methodologies.
- Comprehensive onboarding plan
- Internal job board
- Job enrichment
- External training
- Team development workshops
- Emerging Leaders Development Program
Giving Back At West
A Caring Corporate Citizen
West has a long and distinguished history of giving back to our communities, and a commitment to philanthropy is embedded in all that we do. The Company contributes to a wide range of organizations working to improve our world. The West without Borders employee-led fundraising campaign encourages active participation at every local West site.
West without Borders
began in 2004
with aid to tsunami survivors in Asia