Specialist, Scientific Affairs, Singapore
一月 25, 2021
Benefits of prefilled syringes are:
- Elimination of overfill of expensive drug products, therefore reducing waste.
- Elimination of dosage errors, since the exact amount of a deliverable dose is contained in the syringe (unlike a vial system).
- Ease of administration due to the elimination of steps, for example, for reconstitution, which may be required for a vial system before injection of a drug.
- Added convenience for health care workers and end users, in particular, easier self-administration and use during emergency situations.
- Helps to reduce medical errors and misidentification.
- Lower costs due to less preparation, fewer materials, and easy storage and disposal.
West provides an array of prefilled syringe systems, from the plungers to needle shields. For more on how West can help, visit the prefillable systems section of our website or contact an Account Manager or Technical Customer Support (TCS) representative.