West's Global Communications Team
October 19, 2016
“As we strive to be a market-led organization, it is vitally important that we enhance our understanding of the customers’ perspective,” said Mark Lawler, VP, Sales and Marketing, Asia Pacific. “The round table meeting enabled us to interact with a broad range of industry leaders to hear more about trends and issues they are experiencing.”
Mark, along with Sok Tiang Koh, VP, Scientific Affairs and TCS, Asia Pacific and Diane Paskiet, Director, Scientific Affairs, presented at the meeting that focused on major topics surrounding packaging for injectable pharmaceuticals. Other participants included leaders from West R&D, Packaging, Regulatory and Operations functions and distinguished guests from leading, multi-national injectable pharma companies.
There was a particular focus on key topics relevant to the Indian Pharma industry. The major topics discussed were:
- The changing face of healthcare in India
- Changing trends in injectable pharma packaging
- Key regulatory changes and the impact on the packaging of injectables in India
- U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention Updates – Extractables and Leachables
- Regulatory changes around International Council for Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Pharmaceuticals for Human Use
“This meeting provided a wonderful forum in which to engage with key customer representatives to better appreciate their strategic direction and technical concerns, said Sok Tiang Koh. “With this insight, West will be able to augment our solutions to address these specific requirements.”
Based on the success of this round table, West is planning to conduct similar meetings throughout the Asia Pacific Region. Thanks to all who participated and check our website to see when West will be coming to your area.