Working at West in Singapore
West established footprints in the Asia Pacific region starting in 1983 in Singapore where its regional headquarters is located. There are currently three West locations in Singapore, namely, the JTC Summit Office, the Jurong Manufacturing plant and the Gemini laboratory. Together, there are approximately 500 team members housed within the three locations in Singapore.
JTC Summit Office
The JTC Summit Office was set up in 2015, serving as the Asia Pacific Headquarters (HQ) with regional team members from departments including Sales & Marketing, Human Resources, Technical Customer Services, Scientific Affairs, Quality, Operations, Finance and Compliance. It is conveniently located within the business hub at Jurong East and easily accessible through the transportation hub in the area.
The Singapore operation commenced in Jurong in 1983. In 1991, the second production building was setup and the facility expanded with the addition of an administration building. In 2014, West established a Research & Development Center in Jurong which serves as the technical hub for Asia Pacific. Today, this plant is approximately 18,000 square meters and has 480 employees. It produces FluroTec® barrier film, LyoTec™ stoppers,other laminated stoppers and Westar® RS products and also provides compression molding services. The plant is ISO 9001 and 15378 certified and holds a gold “Invest in People” certification.
As the business continued to grow and evolve over the years, the Gemini Laboratory was set up at the Singapore Science Park in 2019. In addition to analytical laboratory tests, this key laboratory also offers all the testing capabilities needed for the China drug manufacturing filing requirements.
Giving Back at West, Singapore
Our team in Singapore has been very active in our West Without Borders employee giving initiative. Since 2014, the team has participated in a number of voluntary activities with charities including:
- The Spastic Children’s Association of Singapore
- Singapore Association for the Visually Handicapped
- Operation Smile
- Community Chest
- Children & Aid Society
- Club Rainbow
Another highlight of West’s team member fundraising effort is our annual Global Food Drive. Each year, every West site around the globe collects food that is donated to local food banks. In 2019, the Jurong site collected more than five pounds of food per person that helped feed people in need.
Working At West
At West, we strive to create a working environment where colleagues continually learn and develop. We have outlined sample career paths across various disciplines to provide a better idea of what a career at West will look like for you.
How to Avoid Recruiting Scams
Recently, we have been made aware of a recruitment scam in which people are posing as recruiters from West, asking candidates to go through an interview process, and providing fake job offers. Sadly, this is not an uncommon occurrence—these scammers use many company names in their schemes. For any official West recruitment opportunities, the following steps will take place:
- You’ll be asked to apply through West’s official website: www.westpharma.com
- The person e-mailing you or calling you will have an e-mail address that includes our company’s e-mail domain: FirstName.LastName@westpharma.com
- There will be a formal interview process over the phone, and then in person.
- You will not be asked to provide any personal information like your address, social security number or bank information, until you have been offered an official job from West in writing.
Here are some tips for avoiding scams:
- Are you being asked to pay equipment fees, travel fees, or make a payment of any other kind – even if they claim that you will be reimbursed? West never seeks fees from job applicants under any circumstances.
- Correspondence from free e-mail accounts, like Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail. West does not solicit candidates through a non-West e-mail address.
- Were you contacted in a chat room (e.g., Google Hangouts)? West does not use chat rooms or chat applications for recruiting purposes.
If you have any questions about our hiring process, you can contact us at Talent@westpharma.com or call our Exton office at (610) 594-2900. If someone has contacted you via Google Hangout asking you for money to work at West, we encourage you to report it. Click here to file a formal scam report with Google.
Benefits at West
As an employee, you’ll benefit from an environment of engaged colleagues, thought leadership, and opportunities for career advancement and recognition.
“People are the most important asset we have at West. In order to fulfill our mission of being the world leader in integrated containment and delivery of injectable medicines, we must have not only world class innovative products, but also world class people to create and deliver them. We are committed to developing our employees and fostering a culture of continuous learning.” - Annette Favorite, SVP and Chief Human Resources Officer
- Medical and Dental
- Accident and Illness Insurance
- Professional Membership Subscription
- West offers market-competitive salaries
- West offers several performance-driven incentive plans
At West, learning and development philosophies are at the core of our common global leadership model. This model identifies competences, tools and methodologies.
- Comprehensive onboarding plan
- Internal job board
- Job enrichment
- External training
- Team development workshops
- Emerging Leaders Development Program
Giving Back at West
A Caring Corporate Citizen
West has a long and distinguished history of giving back to our communities, and a commitment to philanthropy is embedded in all that we do. The Company contributes to a wide range of organizations working to improve our world. The West without Borders employee-led fundraising campaign encourages active participation at every local West site.