Quality. Collaboration. Excellence.
Concept Development and DFM
A Blueprint for Success
Becoming involved during early phases of product development enables the West Contract Manufacturing team to optimize the design, which can yield significant short-term and long-term benefits. These benefits include improved cycle times, lower scrap, lower capital costs and lower long-term maintenance costs. Additionally, the West Contract Manufacturing team has material experts that can identify the right materials for an application.
Our design services include:
- Design Concept Development
- Design Exploration
- Mechanical Design Refinement
- Mechanical Design Release
- Design Verification
- Mold Flow Analysis
- Finite Element Analysis
Cold Chain Solutions
Make Cold Storage Less Complicated
Temperature-sensitive drugs require storage solutions that not only meet the needs of the drug product, but also ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines in a properly monitored and sustained environment. Any deviation from the ideal environment can affect patient safety and jeopardize the drug’s quality, resulting in loss of potency, efficacy or even the need to discard the product entirely.
West’s contract manufacturing group offers drug handling and cold chain solutions for pharmaceutical manufacturers that are looking for a complete integrated approach to device manufacturing and assembly. This helps ensure that drugs are stored within the desired temperature range throughout the cold chain, thereby reducing risk and improving production efficiencies.
- Scalable solutions that support commercialization
- Infrastructure to accommodate low to mid volume applications
- Cold chain services for drug stability
- Experience and capability specific to high-volume applications
Serialization/Track and Trace
- UDI, sNDC, Custom Serialization
- MES infrastructure
- Work cell history and analytics
Through strategic partnerships, the West Contract Manufacturing team offers a wide spectrum of product design services, including disposable product applications and electromechanical assemblies.
- User research
- Interface design
- Industrial design
- Mechanical design
ProtoTypes and Pre-Production
Experience and Expertise Matter
At West Contract Manufacturing sites, engineers take an innovative yet scientific approach to product development. The ability to manufacture a designed product is determined by incorporating expertise in the design and fabrication of molded and assembled components.
Product development services include:
- Collaborative, cross-functional engineering teams
- Global development and manufacturing deployment
- Prototype development and sourcing
- Design for manufacturability
A Reliable and Repeatable Process
The West Contract Manufacturing team uses a scientific, data-driven approach to discover and document the optimum process parameters for every project. Modern injection molding machines are tailored to project specifications and monitored to maximize quality and efficiency. The result is a reliable and repeatable process.
Process development services include:
- Decoupled 2&3 process development
- Extensive use of DOEs to help define processes
- IQ/OQ/PQ protocols that ensure a robust production process
- Incorporation of “Advanced Process Monitoring”
- Archived data for continuous improvement and root cause analysis
Where It All Comes Together
For customers seeking value-added assembly, West Contract Manufacturing sites have significant and broad-based experience with assembling products. The team’s experience ranges from multi-component, complex assemblies that are manually assembled to high-speed assembly systems built by some of the world’s leading automation integrators. More than 50 assembly cells are in operation and integrate more than two billion assemblies annually.
Our assembly services include:
- Injection molding with fully-integrated downstream assembly
- Dedicated, ISO Class 7 and 8 cleanroom assembly
- Primary and secondary packaging
- Drug repackaging and Labeling
- Needle handling, UV bonding, laser etching, printing, welding, leak testing
Details Make the Difference
West is a preferred supplier of injection molded parts to the world's Fortune 500 customers. From cleanroom manufacturing environments to the latest in process monitoring technology, the West Contract Manufacturing team is continually expanding its capabilities to meet the needs of a changing global market.
Our molding capabilities include:
- Seven (7) ISO certified production facilities worldwide
- More than 300 molding machines worldwide
- ISO Class 7 and 8 cleanrooms (molding and assembly)
- Real-time process monitoring
- Specialized Molding-Multi-shot, Insert, LSR, Optical
May 29, 2020
Contract Manufacturing Facilities Around the World